Fire pits are excellent additions to your patio, garden, and campsite. They’re a necessity if you want your outdoor parties, gatherings, or camping more enjoyable, fun, and comfortable.
These are your best bets for the best rust proof fire pit: Peaktop Wood Burning Fire Pit, Fireside Outdoor Pop-Up Fire Pit, Flame Genie Wood Pellet Fire Pit, RedK Foldable Fire Pit, LEMY Fire Pit, Endless Summer Propane Fire Pit & Outdoor Heater, BALI OUTDOORS Gas Fire Pit, and Elementi Fire Pit.
What makes these products the best rust proof fire pits available right now? Read on as we delve into each product’s selling points and their weak spots.
1. Peaktop HR22818AA Stone Wood Burning Fire Pit
The Peaktop HR22818AA Stone Wood Burning Fire Pit uses a burner that is certified by the CSA. It allows for efficient burning of logs, so you don’t have to clean half-burnt wood afterward.
This wood-burning stove doesn’t emit a lot of smoke, plus it comes with a cover, so you’re safe from any sparks. It also comes with a safety ring that allows you to move it as you please.
Measuring 26.6 by 26.6 by 23.3 inches (67.6 by 67.6 by 59.2 centimeters), you will also love the design on this concrete fire pit as it can easily blend in with your patio decor. It is also designed for durability, allowing you to have years of use.
What Does CSA Certification Entail? When a burner is marketed as being CSA-certified, it means that they adhere to the performance and safety standards set forth by the organization. Formerly the Canadian Standards Association, the CSA provides certification and testing for gas, plumbing, mechanical, electrical, and other similar products.
- Doesn’t look like an ordinary fire pit with its stone block look
- Comes with a safety ring that you can use to move it around
- Easy to assemble and comes with everything you need, including the grilling grate and the spark screen
- More expensive than other fire pits
- Small for its price
- Some complaints about the flimsy material used for the bowl and the cover
2. Fireside Outdoor Pop-Up Fire Pit
If you want something simple but does the job of keeping you warm during summer nights outdoors, then the Fireside Outdoor Pop-Up Fire Pit will be perfect for you.
This portable fire pit is something that you only need a minute to set up. You don’t even have to bring out your toolbox.
It uses stainless steel mesh to ensure that the fire you make has adequate airflow. It burns efficiently, more brightly, and without too much smoke.
The product measures 24 by 24 by 15 inches (61 by 61 by 38 centimeters), which should be enough for a big group of people to keep warm while outdoors. If you’re going to take it with you when you’re camping, you will be delighted to know that when it’s packed down, the package only measures 27 by five by five inches (69 by 13 by 13 centimeters).
You can put up to 125 pounds (57 kilograms) of wood, which won’t be a problem. This capacity means that you won’t have to replenish the logs too often.
- Comes with a one-year guarantee, or up to 50 uses
- Lightweight at only eight pounds (3.6 kilograms)
- Includes a heat shield so that you don’t leave any ash or embers on the grass or the ground
- Has several cheaper copycats
- The design might be a bit bland
- Some complaints about flimsy materials with some parts crumbling after one use or while in use
3. Flame Genie Portable Inferno Rust Proof Wood Pellet Fire Pit
The Flame Genie Portable Inferno Rust Proof Wood Pellet Fire Pit is a portable fire pit that produces larger and hotter flames that can burn for a longer time. It uses wood pellets that are easier to handle and cleaner than firewood.
This fire pit is made with stainless steel, which makes it impervious to rust. You don’t have to bring the fire pit indoors, even if it’s rainy outside.
The Flame Genie’s design makes it possible for the fire to burn without too much smoke, and it doesn’t produce any sparks. What’s more, it comes in two sizes: one with a diameter of 13.5 inches (34.3 centimeters) and 12.5 inches (31.8 centimeters) in height. The other measures 19 inches (48.3 centimeters) in diameter and stands 16.25 inches (41.3 centimeters) tall.
You can also opt for black galvanized steel, which is also available in these sizes.
- Uses wood pellets instead of firewood, which is cleaner
- The silver stainless steel model is rust-resistant and can be resistant to discoloration
- Easy to clean and use
- Not for overnight use, the smaller 13.5-inch fire pit only gives you from up to 60 to 90 minutes of heat, while the bigger one can last up to three hours
- The black galvanized steel model may discolor after the first use, and the surface coating may peel after a couple of uses
- Requires you to guard it so that the fire will not burn out
- More expensive than other recommendations on this list
4. RedK Fire Pits Outdoor Foldable Stainless Fire Pit
The RedK Fire Pits Outdoor Foldable Stainless Fire Pit is probably the most portable fire pit you can get right now. It’s foldable and folds down to only 16 by 1.0 by 17 inches (40.6 by 2.5 by 43.2 centimeters), helping you save space.
When fully expanded, you have a fire pit that measures 13 by 13 by 11 inches (33 by 33 by 28 centimeters). This product is made with 304 stainless steel, so you don’t have to worry about it rusting.
- Saves space when folded and stored
- Lightweight at only 5.5 pounds (2.5 kilograms)
- Easy to expand
- Will not fold flat for the first few uses
- May not work for larger firewood, so you’re limited to wood chips, twigs, or smaller logs
5. LEMY 26 Inch Outdoor Metal Stove Fire Pit
The LEMY 26 Inch Outdoor Metal Stove Fire Pit can help you and your family and friends to stay warm when you’re outdoors. It has a sturdy steel body and metal frame that is covered with a rust-resistant coating. It’s also protected from high temperatures.
What’s more, the pit can accommodate more logs, charcoal, or wood chips. Compared to other similar fire pits, this one has a deeper hole.
Proper air ventilation is practically guaranteed by the iron brackets that raise the wood from the pit’s bottom. This metal fire pit comes with a removable mesh lid that can help you avoid getting embers and sparks on your clothes or anywhere you don’t want to burn.
It’s also affordable, costing less than $100. Yet, this fire pit comes with a poker that allows you to take off the mesh cover or move the wood around without burning yourself at that price point. It also comes with a basin and a rain cover.
The steel iron fire pit measures 26.4 by 26.4 by 15.2 inches (67.1 by 67.1 by 38.6 centimeters). It weighs 27.4 pounds (12.4 kilograms).
- Sturdy and durable
- Safe to use with the mesh cover and poker
- The deeper bowl allows you to put in more wood
- Easy to clean
- Comes with animal designs that make it look great on your patio and other outdoor space
- Might not be as portable as other fire pits in this list: it’s bigger and heavier
- Some quality control issues as some customers reported that the coating wasn’t good and would peel off with a few uses or the bolts didn’t line up
6. Endless Summer Dual Heat 2-in-1 Propane Fire Pit & Outdoor Heater
The Endless Summer Dual Heat 2-in-1 Propane Fire Pit & Outdoor Heater is probably a good fit for you if you like hosting garden parties or eating under the stars. It looks great and it serves a lot of functions.
This product has several uses: an outdoor patio table, a fire pit, and a heater all in one. You can use it as a fire pit, where there is a visible flame on the tabletop. The fire pit uses a 30,000 BTU top burner to provide warmth and a cozy ambiance.
Alternatively, you can use it as a heater, which uses the 11,000 BTU lower burner. You can use the top as a table and still keep yourself warm. Or you can have the heater on while a nicely raging fire is going on in the pit.
Or you can use it as an ordinary patio table without turning either the fire pit or the heater on. Converting this into an ordinary table only requires you to put in the square insert that fits perfectly over the fire pit.
You can leave this fire pit outside even during the colder months of winter. You also get a protective cover to keep the fire pit safe from the elements.
What’s more, this steel fire pit is easy to the eyes. It measures 38 by 38 by 31 inches (96.5 by 96.5 by 78.7 centimeters).
- Use it as an ordinary table, or keep yourself warm from head to toe when you use it either as a heater or fire pit
- Can be kept outside with its protective cover
- Very expensive
- Not portable
7. BALI OUTDOORS Gas Fire Pit
The BALI OUTDOORS Gas Fire Pit gives you 50,000 British thermal units of heat so that you can keep warm on cold nights outdoors. This round fire pit is eye-catching with its simple lines and modernistic look.
And that’s a good thing because this fire pit is big at 23 inches (58.4 centimeters) in diameter and standing 26.5 inches (67.3 centimeters) tall. What’s more, this fire pit comes with a thermocouple, which instantly cuts off the gas when it fails to touch the flame.
The BALI OUTDOORS Gas Fire Pit is straightforward to assemble. The propane regulator and hose are both installed when the package arrives to you. You only need to add a 20-pound propane cylinder to get the fire going.
Each package comes with fire glass diamonds that make the fire look beautiful. Meanwhile, the foot stands are adjustable, so you can have a stable fire pit even if the ground is irregular.
What Is Fire Glass? Fire glass is tempered, tumbled, and polished to look like pebbles. These are resistant to heat and will not melt when placed in an open flame. It is safe to use and will not explode the way real glass breaks when placed in a fire. It doesn’t emit fumes or smoke.
Fire glass makes the fire look like it’s dancing on top of it. But it’s not all aesthetics; fire glass can also retain heat, so your fire pit feels hotter.
- Beautiful minimalist design
- Fire glass diamond adds elegance to your fire pit
- Uses a standard 20-pound propane tank
- Not portable, but perfect for patios, backyards, and porches
8. Elementi Fire Pit Outdoor Heating Fire Table
The Elementi Fire Pit Outdoor Heating Fire Table is specifically designed for natural gas systems and gives you 45,000 British thermal units. It measures 43 by 35 by 16 inches (109.2 by 88.9 by 40.6 centimeters) and comes with the 10-foot (3.04 meters) regulator and hose already attached.
It also comes with a canvas cover, 13.2 pounds (5.99 kilograms) of lava rocks, and a repair kit that allows you to wipe away any scratches or damage while moving the fire pit.
This product might be a huge fire pit, but it is effortless to move and set up where you want it. It also has CSA certification.
The fire pit is made with concrete that is made stronger by glass fibers. Plus, it’s made to look like a natural rock, making it easily blend into your garden, patio, and other outdoor spaces you have.
- Enjoy the one-year warranty
- Beautiful stone-like appearance
- Easy to set up
- Very expensive
How to Choose the Best Rust-Proof Fire Pit
Two main types of fire pits are available right now. There’s the wood-burning variety that uses wood chips or firewood to keep you warm, and then there are the gas fire pits, which can be connected to a propane tank or your natural gas setup.
Choose gas-powered fire pits if you will put this at home, in the patio, garden, and other outdoor areas you have. These fire pits burn the fuel very efficiently, and there is no smoke and soot to worry about. Further, you can adjust the flame so that it doesn’t get too big or scary.
Another advantage of gas-powered fire pits is that it’s straightforward to start fires, with most products having an automatic ignition system. Wood-burning versions, on the other hand, are more affordable and portable than their gas-powered counterparts.
If you do a lot of camping, get a wood-burning fire pit as they are lightweight and smaller, making them more portable. Other products are foldable, which saves you more space.
When it comes to fire pits, make sure that they are rated safe. A CSA certification might help keep your mind at ease. You should also inspect the safety features it has. For instance, something that would protect the grass or floor underneath might be useful if you have a wood-burning fire pit.
Gas-powered fire pits will also benefit from having an automatic shutoff if the ignition fails to start a fire. More than these features, your fire pit must be very stable, as you don’t want to burn anything if somebody accidentally topples them over.
Lastly, even if you buy a rust-proof fire pit, you will always want to protect it from the elements. According to landscape designer Sara Bendrick, you should consider investing in a cover for your fire pit, or perhaps taking them inside when not in use. Watch this video to know what Bendrick has to say:
Choosing the best rust proof fire pit can be a bit daunting. We’ve made all of these easier for you with these recommendations that deliver efficiently burning and safe fire pits at every budget and need.